May 30, 2010

Wedding lunch at the Peninsula hotel


The Peninsula Hotel is the oldest and most historic hotel in Hong Kong, dating back to the heyday of the British colonial era here. The British surrendered to the Japanese here in 1941. More recently, a scene from the Batman Dark Knight movie was filmed on the hotel's rooftop helicopter pad. Also, the Felix bar was designed by Philippe Starck and is famous for its men's bathroom which have ceiling-to-floor glass overlooking the harbour.

I attended the wedding and lunch reception of a Cornell classmate here today. The menu was pretty good. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves (though I did not take a photo of the lobster consommé, it was excellent too):







1 comment:

  1. An excellent blog with really creative ideas. Last month arranged my sister’s wedding at one of amazing Los angeles wedding venues. My sister made great DIY invitations and everyone liked it. Had a great time together.

    ReplyDelete