Christmas Shortbread Biscuits (Cranberry spiced shortbread) Recipe
(Makes approx. 12 cookies)
140g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
110g (1 stick) unsalted butter
40g (1/4 cup) icing sugar
1 rounded tsp cornstarch
2-3 drops almond essence
2-3 drops vanilla essence
1 pinch each of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt
dried cranberries (decoration)
- Preheat oven to 260 Celcius
- Cream butter, sugar and salt in one bowl. Add almond and vanilla essence.
- In another bowl, sift flour, sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Fold dry mixture into wet until combined into a dough.
- Roll out dough, use cookie cutter to cut out the shape you want. Place on lined baking sheet.
- Decorate with cranberry on top.
- Bake in oven (260 Celcius) for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- Leave to cool. It should harden and become crunchy when cooled. Keeps for a couple of weeks in airtight container.